Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer 2008


So.. Time to go back to work! Monday begins our teacher workshop at North High School..But I gotta say, I'm kind of excited to get back to work! Though I admit I've kept myself a bit too busy this summer, I really prefer having a schedule! Even though it's a grueling one...

Anyway, it was a pretty OK summer... Some ups, some downs, as usual. But full of some new adventures.

Below is a best of summer 2008. First, 2 weeks after school was out I went to Germany on a student trip. I was there 2 weeks. When I got back, I took a couple weeks of classes (one was for TPRS - yay - if you don't know what TPRS is I can give you more details than you ever wanted). I had one major house project this summer and that was what I like to call "adding a room to a room." Yes, I'm ingenious! Ha! My living room now has an extra room what I like to call a guest/extra/prayer room! I love it!

The true highlight of the summer was going to Wisconsin Dells with my family, and the most important two members: my nephew and niece: Jacob and Abby. Otherwise I did some other random things...babysitting...helped at a kid's camp for a week...made pinatas with kids. Pinatas are super fun to make, btw.

So...that's that. I read 2 great books last week: "I Dared to Call Him Father", by Bilquis Sheikh, and "One Woman Against the Reich" by Helmut Ziefle. The latter author I know personally, so that was an extra meaningful read. I recommend both highly...

I've been reading through the book of Luke in the New Testament and I'm amazed at all the new things I notice each time I read the Bible. This time what struck me so much were all the references to the poor and God's heart for them. Pretty awesome. God does not forget the downtrodden.

So here ends my summer and I will venture into year 2 of the great adventure of teaching! GO TPRS!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Have a great 2nd year of teaching! I'll be thinking of you :)

Unknown said...

I thought I'd be first.... but second is good too.

Anyhoo, I know you will have a fabulous year!! You may see me around... I know where you live.

SaraCate and Jamin said...

My eyes about popped out to see you'd actually updated your blog . . .(=

Best wishes as you start the new school year!

Sabrina said...

My ears started to bleed when Megan told me you updated your blog!!! WHOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
So glad you are back in blog land!!!! HUGS!