Friday, July 20, 2007

Day 2 in DC (Draft)

Day 2: (draft - wrote this in like 3 minutes - no time)

The best day ever! I headed out by 10 am and went to my main point of interest in DC: The National Holocaust Memorial Museum. I spent 7 hours there! They have such interesting and well displayed exhibits and I just soaked up all the information. There was a main exhibit that is 3 floors and this starts with a video of Hitler’s Rise to Power and the development of the 3rd Reich. There is so much information in this exhibit and some of it was really hard to see and learn about.

Saw the Jefferson Memorial, Washington Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, White House

Went to a restaurant to get some food next to my hostel and sat outdoors. Met a woman named Gabrielle from DC who grew up as a diplomat’s daughter. She’s also half French and works now as a translator for the UN. She grew up moving to a different country every couple year. Later a friend of hers named Niles joined us who is the director of a homeless shelter in DC. He was incredibly interesting! They were both so nice and accommodating and gave me their numbers if I should happen to run into any problems in DC.

Later I went back to Habana’s to go dancing. Many stories to tell about this, but too much to write in my blog! Got my cell phone stolen. ☹

No comments: