Saturday, July 21, 2007

Day 3 in DC (draft)

Day 3 in DC: (draft)

Went back to the Holocaust Museum. Went to the FDR Memorial, other memorials, Korean War Memorial…..

Ate at another ethnic restaurant near my hotel. Then went to the Braisiallian restaurant I ate at the first night, this time to go salsa dancing. There I met so many people! First I met Futi, from Swaiziland! She also grew up as the daughter of a diplomat. She was so nice to me and kept making sure that I was OK, since I was by myself and all. Then I met a whole bunch more interesting people. I met this American-born Columbia guy that first started working in the White House during the Clinton-Lewinsky era. Then he moved up and traveled with Gore during his presidential campaign and later for Kerry during his campaign. He served as a spokesman for both campaigns! Now he works for Dean and says he spends most of his day talking to the press. He was so great to talk to! After salsa ended I went out with him and his friend (he works with refugee populations all over the US) to eat falafel nearby. This was 4 am and you should have seen the neighborhood! It was so incredibly packed!

No comments: